We have compiled for you a listing of books that deal with animals, grieving and helping ourselves and others understand and cope with death. We trust you will find them informative, of comfort, and some - inspirational. Also listed are some of AHCC's most highly recommended books. If you have a book that is a personal favorite and would like us to add it to this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we will try to get it added.
- The Loss of a Pet Wallace Sife
- The Rainbow Bridge: Pet Loss Is Heaven's Gain Niki Behrikis Shanahan
- Goodbye, Friend: Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Ever Lost a Pet Gary Kowalski
- Saying Goodbye you Your Angel Animals: Finding Comfort after Losing Your Pet Allan Anderson and Linda Anderson
- Good Grief: Finding Peace After Pet Loss: Personal and Professional Insights on the Animal Lover's Unique Grieving Process Sid Korpi
- Blessing the Bridge: What Animals Teach Us About Death, Dying , and Beyond Rita M. Reynolds
- When Your Pet Outlives You: Protecting Animal Companions After You Die David Congalton
- When Your Pet Dies: A Guide to Mourning, Remembering and HealingAlan D., Ph.D. Wolfelt
- A Snowflake in My Hand Samantha Mooney
- Saying Good-Bye to the Pet You Love Lorri A. Greene, phd & Jacquelyn Landis
- Cat Heaven Cynthia Rylant
- Dog Heaven Cynthia Rylant
- Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates Gary Kurz
- Coping With the Loss of a Pet C. Lemieux
- Coping With Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet Moira K. Anderson
- he Final Farewell; Preparing for and Mourning the Loss of Your Pet Marty Tousley, Katherine Heuerman
- For Every Dog an Angel: The Forever Dog Christine Davis
- Forever Friends: Resolving Grief After the Loss of a Beloved Animal Joan Coleman
- The Human-Animal Bond and Grief Laurel S. Lagoni, Carolyn Butler, and Suzanne Hetts
- When Your Pet Dies Diane Pomerance
- It's Okay To Cry Maria L. Quintana, et al.
- Loving and Losing a Pet : A Psychologist and a Veterinarian Share Their Wisdom Michael Stern, Susan Cropper
- Pet Loss and Human Bereavement William J. Kay, et al.
- Surviving the Heartbreak of Choosing Death for Your Pet Linda Mary Peterson
- When Only the Love Remains: The Pain of Pet Loss Emily Margaret Stuparyk.
- The Souls of Animals by Gary Kowalski, Art Wolfe (Photographer), Tom Regan
- Coping With Sorrow On The Loss Of Your Pet Moira Anderson
- Children and Pet Loss: A Guide for Helping Marty Tousley
- Remembering Candy: Helping your child cope with the loss of their own pet.Rob van der Gulik, Xanthe van der Gulik and Quinn van der Gulik
- Pet Loss and Children: Establishing a Health Foundation Cheri Barton Ross
- Saying Goodbye to Your Pet: Children Can Learn to Cope with Pet Loss Marge Eaton Heegaard
- Pet Loss : A Thoughtful Guide for Adults & Children Herbert A. Nieburg, et al.
- Children and Pets Loss, A Guide for Helping Marty Tousley
These tapes are by Penelope Smith:
(to order call l-800-356-9315)
- Animal Death- A spiritual journey ISBN 0-936552-09-3
- How to communicate with animals-the steps ISBN 0-936552-04-2
- Animal intelligence and awareness ISBN 0-936552-05-0
- Understanding animal's viewpoints ISBN 0-936552-9
- Healing and Counseling with animals ISBN 0-936552-07-7